The secret to brewing the perfect coffee is freshness. Fresh coffee is definitely the best. It is no secret that once the coffee bean has been split and ground, the flavour and the freshness begins to escape. But here is the problem – how do you know if the coffee you buy is fresh coffee? Have you ever noticed the special packaging that ground coffee comes wrapped in? Coffee manufacturers go to extreme lengths to seal in the coffee freshness, including vacuum sealing on the packaging. But sometimes, even the best packaging is not enough. To make sure you have the freshest coffee, you need to use a grind and brew coffee maker. With a grind and brew coffee maker, you take the coffee bean, and literally grind the beans straight into the coffee maker. Now that is about as fresh as you can get! The best grind and brew coffee maker has a coffee grinder as a built in component where you place the coffee beans, and select the best grind setting. As soon as the coffee is ground, the coffee brewing can begin! The best way to ensure the freshness of your coffee is to use a grind and brew coffee maker.
How long does coffee retain freshness?
This is a difficult question to answer, because there is no real way to know how fresh the coffee is. Except of course to drink it! But then, you still never know whether the cup of coffee is poorly brewed, too hot, too cold, or any of the other factors that go into making the perfect coffee. The best way to ensure the freshness of your coffee is to use a grind and brew coffee maker.
But grinding coffee is not difficult
This is true – grinding the coffee bean is not too difficult. But you have to do it right. And you have to do it at the right time, or else the coffee freshness will be lost. If the coffee grind is too fine, the extraction may be too strong, or too bitter. If the coffee grind is too coarse, then the brew may not extract the best flavour from the coffee. But the worst problem is if you grind the coffee and store it or leave it too long, because then the freshness will be lost, and the flavour will never be the same.
A grind and brew coffee maker is easy to use
A grind and brew coffee maker with a built in coffee grinder makes it easy to brew the perfect coffee. Coffee making is an art form but at least when you have the right tools, it makes the job easier. We have made a list of the best grind and brew coffee maker reviews to help you make the perfect coffee. There is a combination of parameters that need to be carefully managed, such as temperature, pressure, extraction time, and water volume. If you are unsure how to make the perfect coffee, why not choose a grind and brew coffee maker with automatic features, so that takes the worry out of it!
Here is our list of the best grind and brew coffee maker reviews:
1. Cuisinart DGB 900BC Automatic Grind and Brew coffee maker
The Cuisinart Grind and Brew coffee maker is a good example of an automatic coffee maker that does all the work for you. The Cuisinart DGB 900BC Automatic Grind and Brew coffee maker is a 12 cup coffee maker that grinds, brews and keeps the coffee fresh in a thermal carafe. The stainless steel burr grinder is just the start of the process to turn your favorite coffee beans into the perfect espresso coffee. So when you buy a Cuisinart coffee maker, it is just like having your own coffee shop! Simply pour the coffee beans into the hopper at the top of the thermal burr grinder, and set the Cuisinart coffee maker to automatic.
Advantages of the Cuisinart grind and brew coffee maker
- Thermal Burr grinder: The Cuisinart grind and brew coffee maker has a built in thermal burr grinder. The burr grinder allows you to grind the perfect size of coffee bean to ensure that you achieve the perfect extraction of coffee flavour from the best coffee beans. That is how a grind and brew coffee maker delivers the freshest coffee on time every time.
- Water and coffee filter: Built in filters for the coffee extractor as well as the water heater helps to ensure that you only get the perfect coffee. The charcoal water filter takes all of the impurities out the water, and makes your coffee just right. The gold tone permanent coffee filter is the gold standard for coffee filters, which leaves no other taste, just the purest and freshest coffee flavour.
- 24 hour timer clock: The automatic timer takes all the hard work out of making the best coffee. This feature helps you to set the programmable timer for whatever time you want to drink coffee in the morning, and is set and forget. The Cuisinart grind and brew coffee maker does the rest and delivers the freshest coffee right when you need it!
- Auto Shut off: The Cuisinart coffee maker is fully automatic, and you never have to worry about overheating or accidentally leaving it switched on. The Cuisinart brew and grind coffee maker can make anywhere up to 12 cups of coffee, and will automatically shut off when finished. There is no risk of burning the coffee maker or the coffee, as the machine will take care of everything.
- Thermal Carafe: The Cuisinart coffee maker also comes with a thermal carafe which keeps the coffee hot, until you are ready to serve. This high quality Cuisinart thermal carafe will save the aroma and freshness of every coffee.
What we like about the Cuisinart DGB 900BC Automatic Grind and Brew coffee maker
The Cuisinart coffee maker is automatic, so that means you can have the perfect coffee ready whenever you want it. The thermal burr grinder has a coffee bean hopper that holds enough beans for several brews. But the brew and grind coffee maker knows just how much coffee to grind for each brew. So the Cuisinart coffee maker grinds just the right amount of coffee to ensure the freshness is always just right. The Cuisinart coffee maker even has a 24 hour timer, programmable settings, and automatic shut off for thermal protection. This is one of the biggest and best grind and brew coffee makers on the market, just like a commercial coffee maker that a barista would use.
Click here to see the price of the Cuisinart DGB 900BC Automatic Grind and Brew coffee maker at Amazon.
2. Breville BDC650BSS Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
One of our favorites here at Breves de Filles is the mighty Breville BDC650BSS Grind and Brew Coffee Maker. The Breville BDC650BSS coffee maker gives you total control to ensure the perfect coffee. IT comes with 8 easy settings to look after everything from grind and brew coffee making. Let’s take a closer look at the control settings:
- Brewing timer: Allows you to set the length of time to brew the coffee. The Breville coffee maker also has a 24 hour timer, so that you can select an automatic start time.
- Grind size: Not only does the built in grinder keep your coffee fresh, but it also delivers the perfect grinding consistency. It is important that the grind size is just right for the coffee extraction, to make the perfect coffee.
- Coffee to water ratio: This setting allows you to accurately set the volume and the strength of every cup of coffee, from espresso, to latte or even cappuccino.
- Number of coffees: The Breville coffee maker allows you to choose from anywhere between 1 and 12 cups of coffee, so this is a large and high quality coffee maker.
- Temperature and Pressure: The combination of brewing temperature and pressure will dictate the overall strength and flavour of the coffee. The Breville coffee maker allows you total control over the customized settings so that you get the perfect cup of coffee every time.
What we like about the Breville BDC650BSS Grind and Brew coffee maker
The programmable settings make the Breville coffee maker a truly automatic machine. The settings are easy and simple to use with a fully visible LCD display screen that allows you to select as many options as you like, or simply push automatic. When the Breville BDC650BSS Grind and Brew Coffee Maker is awaiting your command – the freshest coffee is ready within a minute or two.
Click here to see the price of the Breville BDC650BSS Grind and Brew Coffee Maker at Amazon.
3. DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM 3300 – Super Automatic Espresso Machine with Grinder and Frother
The DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM 3300 is not called super automatic for nothing! The DeLonghi grind and brew coffee maker is capable of making any type of coffee you desire in just a couple of minutes. The DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM 3300 comes equipped with a built in coffee grinder, for the freshest coffee bean grind. It also comes equipped with its very own milk frother to assist with making those perfect lattes and cappuccinos!
But the best part is that the DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM 3300 is super automatic, and it can make the perfect coffee just how you like it. The DeLonghi grind and brew coffee maker is a high quality coffee maker that even a barista would use. But there are no complicated controls and buttons, just a super automatic coffee maker.
What we like about the DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM 3300 grind and brew coffee maker
Don’t let the size of this small coffee maker fool you, it is capable of taking coffee all the way from beans to brew in this grind and brew coffee maker. With a wonderful compact boiler system, as well as milk frother, you will be amazed at the high quality coffee that this machine can brew.
Click here to see the price of the DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM 3300 grind and brew coffee maker.
4. Cuisinart DGB-650BC Grind and Brew coffee maker
Here is another renowned Cuisinart coffee maker – the Cuisinart DGB-650BC Grind and Brew coffee maker. Unlike the Cuisinart DGB 900BC model, this one is smaller and more suited to a normal kitchen appliance. This model is also a much reduced price than its bigger cousin. But it is still a top quality Cuisinart coffee maker, and delivers the perfect coffee every time. You know that you are getting a quality machine, because it comes with all the safety features, such as automatic shut off and protection from thermal overload. If you are in a hurry for your early coffee in the morning, you will appreciate the brew and pause feature. Even when the brewing process is underway, you can withdraw the carafe to pour a coffee, and simply replace the carafe, and the brewing process continues.
What we like about the Cuisinart DGB-650BC Grind and Brew coffee maker
The Cuisinart coffee maker is fully automatic and delivers the perfect brew on time every time. The programmable settings are easy to use, and once you find the optical settings, you don’t need to experiment any further. Once your favorite settings are keyed in, all you have to do is set and forget. The perfect coffee will be delivered at the same time every day, with little to no effort required. You can even use pre-ground coffee in this machine. If you don’t have coffee beans, don’t worry! Simply pour the ground coffee straight into the Cuisinart coffee maker, and it will take care of the details. This is a smart grind and brew coffee maker!
Click here to see the price of the Cuisinart DGB-650BC Grind and Brew coffee maker at Amazon.
5. Breville BES870XL Barista Express coffee maker with grinder
For those who demand the very best espresso at home, the Breville BES870XL demands your attention. Not only does it look good, but this Breville coffee maker is one of the best options to make espresso, latte or cappuccino at home like a professional barista. There are a multitude of settings and controls which offer you total control from grind to brew. Yes, the Breville BES870XL Barista Express includes a built in coffee bean grinder, and the best temperature control system for a domestic coffee maker. After all, temperature and pressure control is what is needed to ensure the best extraction of the coffee flavour. Too hot will burn the coffee, and too cool will not extract the full flavour. And the correct pressure controls the speed of the extraction process, which needs to be just right to extract the optimal flavour.
What we like about the Breville BES870XL Barista Express
To provide the best temperature control in such a small coffee maker, the Breville BES870XL Barista Express comes with an industrial quality PID or temperature controller. The PID temperature controller keeps the extraction process at the optimal temperature right throughout the brewing process. With the Breville BES870XL Barista Express you can be confident of having total control or simply use automatic mode. No matter whichever way you like to make coffee, this Breville coffee maker is one of the best grind and brew machines on the market. See our full review of the Breville BES870XL Barista Express.
Click here to see the price of the Breville BES870XL Barista Express coffee maker at Amazon.
Conclusion – best grind and brew coffee maker reviews
So that completes our list of the best grind and brew coffee maker reviews. As you can see, the best grind and brew coffee maker is a tough choice, with such a range of quality coffee machines to choose from. At risk of making a very poor pun, I guess it boils down to a matter of preference if you like a grind and brew coffee maker, or maybe you like a separate coffee grinder.
All jokes aside, the most important factor is the freshness of the coffee. Without a doubt, the freshest coffee is achieved by grinding the coffee immediately prior to brewing. When you buy the freshest coffee, don’t take a chance. Use a grind and brew coffee maker to go from coffee bean direct to espresso coffee in one simple step. Use a grind and brew coffee maker and find out for yourself just how easy and simple it is to drink the freshest and best coffee every day in the comfort of your own home.
Click here to see our full range of coffee makers at Breves de Filles!